At My Home Life, we undertake a broad range of research on issues affecting quality of life for older people. We are based within the Quality of Care for Older People Research Group, part of the Centre for Health Services Research at City University London, a hub of expertise on appreciative action research.
National Care Home Research and Development Forum
We work in collaboration with other researchers through the National Care Home Research and Development Forum (NCHRDF). The Forum was established in 2003 to provide a platform for researchers and practitioners to network, share information and ideas arising from their work. The NCHRDF aims to:
- Share personal experiences of conducting research in care homes to examine the issues and challenges that were encountered and how these were addressed
- Debate the (in)appropriateness of methodologies for researching in care homes and explore possibilities for methodological development
- Influence the national agenda on research and development in care homes identify and share information about sources of funding for research in this field
- Agree an ethical code of practice
- Provide support for post-graduate students
If you are a researcher interested in joining the Forum to network, share information and ideas arising from their work, you can join the mailing list here.
International Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing (IAHSA)
My Home Life is represented on the board of the International Association of Homes and Services for the Ageing (IAHSA). IAHSA maintains a depository for care home research from around the world; we use the IAHSA website to share our research findings, and would encourage other researchers to do the same.
If you are a care home manager interested in participating in research or wanting to connect with a researcher, please contact email@example.com with details of your location, topic of interest and any other relevant information.
You may also be interested in the Research Ready Care Home Network run by ENRICH (Enabling Research in Care Homes).