New course: Supporting care homes with community engagement
Are you interested in a short course to support busy care home staff in getting the most out of their community?
At My Home Life England we know that community engagement is a key priority for care homes.
The Care Quality Commission (CQC) have recently identified community engagement as a key characteristic of outstanding care homes. Community engagement is also important for care homes wishing to drive up their reputation, attract the next generation of potential employees into the care home sector and, most importantly, to help residents to connect with the people, places and things that really matter to them.
In addition, establishing links with the community that aren’t face-to-face is even more vital given social distancing and the loneliness it can create.
If you’re interested in developing closer links with your community, our new My Home Life England community engagement course might be for you!
It’s for: Senior team leaders/Activity coordinators / wellbeing coordinators/ community connectors.
We will cover all you need to know about getting started in community engagement. We will send you a box of materials that will accompany the course.
Details: 1 introductory call. 1 individual coaching session. 3 virtual sessions (2.5 hours each). Sessions take place once every three weeks. Cost = £500.
During workshops you will be:
- working with small groups of like-minded practitioners and get to share experiences of community engagement and gather ideas to put into practice.
- supported to consider what groundwork needs to be in place to help your care home feel welcoming and encouraging of outside individuals and organisations.
- Considering how best to get the most out of current community relationships
- Mapping your local community assets.
- Developing skills and growing confidence in approaching people from communities to engage with you, for example new people, schools, businesses and clubs.
My Home Life England has been working with care homes for over 14 years and our ‘Care Home Friends and Neighbours’ programme makes it easy for care homes to support neighbourliness and friendships that help care home residents feel cherished and part of civic and community life.