Guide: Supporting shared decision making in care homes
This guide on shared decision making was co-created by My Home Life England alongside an Expert Advisory Group of people working in a range of care homes.
- Case studies, positive practice thoughts and ideas to help support and develop discussions about shared decision making.
- Links to My Home Life tools and ideas that can support people in thinking about shared decision making.
- More detailed information including some of the legal and regulatory frameworks that influence shared decision making
Sections in the guide
- Supporting people who live in the care home
- Supporting team members working in a care home
- Involving a person’s support circle
- Downloadable poster
- Policy and legislation information
View the full guide here: Shared decision making in care homes guide
View the downloadable poster (p13) here: Poster – Shared decision making in care homes
In particular we wanted this guide to be led by those working in care homes today and ‘shine a light’ on the great practice happening.
Our Expert Advisory Group met virtually over a period of 5 months in early/mid 2021 during the COVID-19 pandemic.
The group’s insights and expertise helped to inform and shape the content of this guide and we thank everyone for their support.