1. Our commitment to your privacy.
My Home Life England is a project and social movement hosted by City, University of London. My Home Life is a UK wide initiative aimed at overall improving the lives of people, living, working, visiting and dying in care homes. Please read these terms and conditions carefully before using the website. Your use of this site constitutes acceptance of these terms and conditions, which take effect on the first day of use of this site.
My Home Life respects your privacy and realises how important it is that your personal information remains secure.
We hope that this policy explains how we collect, manage and protect your details, but if you would like more information, if you want to respect a copy of the personal information we hold about you, or ask us to update or correct any information, please contact us here;
My Home Life,
School of health Sciences,
City, University of London,
London, EC1V 0HB Email firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: 0207 040 5776
Information about us
www.myhomelife.org.uk is a website operated by My Home Life England.
My Home Life is registered in England under the company name City, University of London and have our registered office (see above address). Our VAT number: 627509528
Your personal data is protected by UK legislation, specifically the Data Protection Act 1998, and the Privacy and Electronic communications (EC Directive) 2003.
Written consent is not requested as it is assumed that the consent has been granted when an individual freely gives their own details.
By giving My Home Life England your details, you will occasionally receive information about our project, including emails and by post. You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing at email@example.com or calling us at 020 7040 5776
4. What kind of information do we hold about you?
- Personal information
We may collect information from you when you sign up to My Home Life England (such as when you sign up through the My Home Life website for access to our new letter). Examples of personal information includes, Name, Care Home, Job, postal address, telephone number.
- Sensitive Personal Information
In some cases we may collect information that the Data Protection Act considers ‘sensitive’. Sensitive personal information is personal information relating to your religious or political opinions, sexual orientation, physical or mental health or criminal convictions. Such information will only be collected and retained with your specific consent. We do not collect this information as normal practice or via our website.
5. How do we use your information?
We use the personal information we hold about you only for the following purposes:
- To provide you with services
- To administer our relationship with you
- We use personal information that you supply us for the purpose of which it was collected. Examples include; sending you information or the answers to a query, to register your interest in taking part in My Home Life, attend an events.
- To contact you about other services, events or developments. My Home Life would like to contact you about our work, projects, events and developments.
- My Home Life (is hosted by City, University of London and is a social movement) and The National Activity Provider Association (NAPA is a registered charity in England and Wales No. 1070674 and in Scotland No. 038991. We are also a Company Limited by Guarantee No.3482943.) For monitoring and evaluation purposes My Home Life may choose to use your contact details to get in touch with you to access feedback about your experience of the project. Any information shared with My Home Life may be used within the projects overall. Any comments, information taken will be anonymous, but consent is assumed at the point of sign up to My Home Life news website.
- If the Asset of My Home Life England are transferred to a third party.
If My Home Life decides to transfer its assets or ceases to trade, becomes insolvent, enters into receivership or any similar or equivalent event occurs, My Home Life and those acting on behalf of My Home Life may transfer your personal information to theses third parties.
- If disclosures are required by law
- If required to do so by any applicable law, search warrant, subpoena or court order, or by any regulation, treaty or other legally binding obligation with My Home Life England is required to comply, My Home Life England or any such company trust will disclose some or all of your personal information as and to the extent that it is required to do so.
6. Use of photographs
My Home Life England uses photography for documenting, celebrating and promoting our work:
- Printed materials, promotion flyer/poster and post cards, plus any future materials such as a summary/evaluation of My Home Life England project etc.
- Exhibitions in public venues, public spaces and galleries; displays at project celebrations, conferences, recruitment events and to funders or potential funders.
- Press releases
- My Home Life England website has links My Home Life’s emails and social media sites. This includes but is not exclusive to Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
My Home Life acknowledges that people today are very alert to intrusion, issues surrounding manipulation and exploitation of images and the need to be sensitive. Photos can be uploaded and submitted to My Home Life through emails. These are only shared with the My Home Life Team. Additional permissions will be sort from the persons directly should the image be used elsewhere on the My Home Life website, news and marketing materials. Press images and enquiries of images needs to be separately handled. No image from My Home Life can be used by outside parties without the express knowledge and permissions from My Home Life England.
My Home Life England will review removal of any images if a complaint is received from the individual(s) or those with appropriate representation of the persons within the image. This applies to still and moving images published on My Home Life website, social media pages ran by My Home Life England and printed publications. Consent is sort from all persons within an images used by My Home Life England. The consent form details information of where the image will be used, how it will be used, and how long the image will be retained by My Home Life England. All conditions in regards to consent of use will be in line with the new government GDPR regulations.
7. How long will we keep your information?
We will retain your information for as long as you have an active relationship with My Home Life England. If you cease to have an active relationship with us or request to receive no further contact, we will delete your information from our records and files, no further contact will be made.
You can unsubscribe at any time by emailing by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling us 0207 040 5776
We use the following cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our website. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our website, use a shopping cart or make use of e-billing services.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our website when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our website works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our website. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
- Targeting cookies. These cookies record your visit to our website, the pages you have visited and the links you have followed. We will use this information to make our website and the advertising displayed on it more relevant to your interests. We may also share this information with third parties for this purpose.
You block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies. However, if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
9. Sale/exploitation of personal information by third parties
10. Data Security
My Home Life uses a number of mechanisms to protect the security and integrity of your personal information. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet can be guaranteed to be completely secure. So while we strive to protect such information, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us and you do so at your own risk. Once any personal information comes into our possession, we will take reasonable steps and all other precautions required by law to protect that information from misuse and loss and from unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
11. Updates to our site
We may update our site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Personal data is kept on a password-protected computer system and in paper-based systems. Every effort is make to ensure that paper-based data is stored in
secure and organised systems including locked cabinets and access to confidential waste disposal processes.
13. Links to other websites
14. Contacting us
Request for a copy of your personal information
If you would like a copy of your personal information please write to The Social Action Lead and My Home Life, School of Health Sciences, City, University of London, Northampton Square, London, EC1V 0HB stating your full name, and providing us with sufficient information to verify your identity.
- Please also help us to respond quickly by indicating why you think we hold personal information about you and what kind of information you think we may hold.
- Please note an access fee may be charged to cover our reasonable costs of providing the information to you
- Sometimes there may be a reason why access will not be possible. If that is the case, you will be told why.
15. Correcting your details
Please let us know if the personal information which we hold about you needs to be corrected or updated, please email us.
If you do not want to be contacted in the future by My Home Life England please email us to confirm your preference.
16. Intellectual property rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our site for your personal use and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to content posted on our site.
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
17. Use of the Healthwatch logo
We don’t allow external organisations to use our logo. The only exceptions may be partner organisations that work closely with us on specific projects. In these cases, we may give permission for our logo to be used.
Our policy on the use of the logo is designed to prevent the public from being misled. Therefore, no provider – including registered providers – are allowed to use the logo.
The My Home Life logo is a registered trademark and is protected under trademark law. If an external party uses it without permission, this constitutes infringement of our trademark.
We have also developed specific logos for local My Home Life organisations to use. Use of these logos is by local My Home Life organisations only and is subject to the Local My Home Life Trademark Licence Agreement.
The material featured on this site is subject to My Home Life UK copyright protection unless otherwise indicated.
My Home Life England copyright protected material may be used in accordance with the Open Government Licence for Public Sector Information if it has been:
- published on this website
- published elsewhere by My Home Life Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland
- made publicly available under the Freedom of Information Act 2000
- or otherwise made publicly available with the consent of My Home Life England.
Permission to reproduce My Home Life protected material does not extend to any material on this site that is identified as being the copyright of a third party. Authorisation to reproduce such material must be obtained from the copyright holders concerned.
19. You agree to
You agree to use this site only for lawful purposes and in a manner which does not infringe the rights of, restrict, or inhibit the use and enjoyment of this site by any third party. Such restriction and inhibition includes, without limitation, conduct which is unlawful or which may harass or cause distress or inconvenience to any person, the transmission of obscene or offensive materials or disruption of normal flow of dialogue within the site.
My Home Life England has the right to remove any material or postings you make on this site at its discretion.
If the terms and conditions of this site are not agreed to in full then the use of My Home Life England must terminate immediately.
My Home Life England do not accept liability for any damages whatsoever, including, without limitation, indirect or consequential damages, loss of profits, or any damages whatsoever arising out of, or in connection with the use or lose of use of this site.
20. Applicable law