The My Home Life DVD website contains a series of films, looking at the eight themes. Each film is split into two parts: a case study and a question about the film answered by a series of experts (you can also view the films below). The films are designed to promote discussion and we have included a forum to allow you to add your own comments and suggestions about the issues raised by the films. Additionally, there is a worksheet available to print out to help the debate.
My Home Life DVD films
For your reference, the films from the DVD site are also available below.
You can download each film by right clicking the links below, and choosing ‘Save as…’. We recommend you download VLC to play these films.
- An introduction to My Home Life (41 MB)
- A word from Des Kelly OBE (47 MB)
- Maintaining Identity: case study (141 MB)
- Maintaining Identity: expert view (71 MB)
- Creating Community: case study (165 MB)
- Creating Community: expert view (82 MB)
- Sharing Decision-making: case study (182 MB)
- Sharing Decision-making: expert view (91 MB)
- Managing Transitions: case study (169 MB)
- Managing Transitions: expert view (65 MB)
- Improving Health & Healthcare: case study (185 MB)
- Improving Health & Healthcare: expert view (78 MB)
- Supporting Good End of Life: case study (151 MB)
- Supporting Good End of Life: expert view (71 MB)
- Keeping Workforce Fit for Purpose: case study (142 MB)
- Keeping Workforce Fit for Purpose: expert view (30 MB)
- Promoting a Positive Culture: case study (141 MB)
- Promoting a Positive Culture: expert view (42 MB)
You can also download the films directly from Vimeo by clicking on the title of the film. There is an option to download the original file in the bottom right hand corner (look for “About this video”). You will need to join Vimeo as a member before downloading the films (you can do this for free).