MHL is seen as the voice for quality in the care home sector and provides a vision for practice improvement that integrates knowledge from health, social care and housing and presents care homes as a positive option in the 21st century.
In addition, endorsement for MHL is given in
- the Government White Paper Caring for our future
- the Local Government Association, NHS Confederation and Age UK Commission on Dignity
- the Centre for Social Justice Older Age Review
- the Welsh Assembly’s Health and Social Care Committee review of Residential Care for older people in Wales
- the Demos-led Commission on Residential Care, chaired by Paul Burstow MP
The My Home Life approach has been positively evaluated by independent research in promoting relationship-centred commissioning and community visitor programmes. It has also been identified as playing a key role in turning around homes perceived to be failing.